Your chance to have a say on Auto Enrolment
The Pensions Regulator are keen to understand how care and support employers are finding automatic enrolment and if there are any areas you think they can focus on improving.
The Pensions Regulator is in charge of auto enrolment and LITRG engage reasonably regularly with them on behalf of care and support employers.
The Pensions Regulator has specific help for care and support employers, including this video which gives an introduction to what you need to do and where to find help. Their website has a wealth of information that is designed to meet the needs of care and support employers who may not have pensions experience. It uses everyday language and is interactive so that employers can easily understand what they will need to do.
They also have specific help about automatic enrolment for people who employ their own care and support which includes the following resources:
- The essential guide for people who employ their own care and support (PDF, 96kb, 6 pages)
- Questions and answers for people who employ carers
However, TPR recognise there is always more that they can do and on the 31st January LITRG will meet with them to discuss how they can build on the tailored approach for care and support employers and better support them.
Please therefore get in touch to share your experience of auto enrolment and suggestions for improvement so that we can share this with TPR (in anonymised form). For example:
- Do you understand your auto-enrolment duties?
- Do you use TPRs website for finding out about automatic enrolment?
- How satisfied were you with your last visit to their website? Did you get everything you wanted from their website on your last visit?
- How many hours, do you estimate you spend trying to meet your auto enrolment duties each month?
- Have you had any problems with auto-enrolment? How do you feel you were treated by TPR?
- Is there any aspect of auto enrolment that you are confused about?
- How have you found your overall auto enrolment ‘journey’?
- How best can TPR communicate with care and support employers
- What more can TPR do to help ease the AE process for you?
Thank you. We will post any updates to this website.