HMRC issue December ‘Employer Bulletin’
HMRC have issued the latest Employer Bulletin – ‘Your route to the latest in payroll news'. In general, these bulletins contain lots of useful information to help employers meet their payroll obligations, such as updates on forthcoming changes to the rules and guidance in dealing with particular payroll issues.
You can download and read the Employer Bulletin on screen or print it off. For employers using screen reading software, the Employer Bulletin is compatible with most software packages.
This edition gives more information on the employer related Budget announcements (made on the 29 October); there is also more detail around certain Finance (No 3) Bill 2018/19 provisions.
The Bulletin also highlights that Basic PAYE Tools for 2019-2010 will be available to download from GOV.UK soon; has an article on the top ten mistakes employers make when paying the National Minimum Wage; and contains tips on how to avoid making incorrect or late Real Time Information (RTI) payroll submissions.
Other topics in this edition include:
- EU Settled Status scheme updates
- Visa costs for UK employers
- Employer-provided living accommodation
- Contacting HMRC
- Feedback from employers introduced into apprenticeship service
- Welsh rates of Income Tax
- Toolkits – helping to reduce errors
- Off-payroll working in the private sector
- Company Car Tax Diesel Supplement
- Parental Bereavement Leave and Pay
- Student loans
- Payrolling Benefit-in-kinds
- HMRC Taxes Helpline
- Agency Doctor’s update
- Statutory Payments rates 2019/2020
The bulletin is well worth a read as it is the main way HMRC communicate with employers on a regular basis. It can be found on GOV.UK.