HMRC issue August ‘Employer Bulletin’
HMRC have issued the latest Employer Bulletin – ‘Your route to the latest in payroll news'. In general, these bulletins contain lots of useful information to help employers meet their payroll obligations, such as updates on forthcoming changes to the rules and guidance in dealing with particular payroll issues.
You can download and read the Employer Bulletin on screen or print it off. For employers using screen reading software, the Employer Bulletin is compatible with most software packages.
This edition provides details of the Basic PAYE Tools update due in September, myth busting on trivial benefits and an article on PAYE RTI penalties and the continuation of the risk-based approach to charging penalties
Other topics in this edition include:
- Class 1A liability payable on Termination Awards and Sporting Testimonial Payments
- Off-payroll working rules
- Disguised Remuneration
- Seasonal workers
- Construction Industry Scheme
- VAT reverse charge on building and construction services
- Welsh rates of Income Tax
- Student loans
- Good Work Plan
- The cost of employee sickness
The bulletin is well worth a read as it is the main way HMRC communicate with employers on a regular basis. It can be found on GOV.UK.