HMRC issue August ‘Employer Bulletin’
HMRC have issued the latest Employer Bulletin – ‘Your route to the latest in payroll news'. In general, these bulletins contain lots of useful information to help employers meet their payroll obligations, such as updates on forthcoming changes to the rules and guidance in dealing with particular payroll issues.
You can download and read the Employer Bulletin on screen or print it off. For employers using screen reading software, the Employer Bulletin is compatible with most software packages.
This edition has an article on reporting your payroll information accurately and on time. In it HMRC confirm that late filing penalties will continue to be reviewed on a risk-assessed basis in 2018/19 rather than be issued automatically. There is also some useful information on completing starter declarations correctly (in particular ensuring that an employee’s post code is correct); and a reminder to check whether you are paying the correct minimum wage rate.
Other topics in this edition include:
- Irregular payments and completions of Full Payment Submissions
- PAYE Settlement Agreements and Scottish Income Tax
- Advisory Electricity Rates for fully electric company cars
- Welsh Rates of Income Tax
- Construction Industry Scheme webinars
- Postgraduate loans
- Benefits and Expenses: Company cars
- Settling tax avoidance loan schemes
- Completing an EYU in respect of Employee’s National insurance Contributions
- Employment Income: draft legislation
- Post-16 Child Benefit deadline
The bulletin is well worth a read as it is the main way HMRC communicate with employers on a regular basis. It can be found on GOV.UK.