Check if you’re paying the minimum wage correctly – HMRC videos
HMRC have produced a series of four videos to help you check if you are paying the National Minimum Wage (NMW) correctly
The videos cover:
- When a worker is entitled to the minimum wage
- Different types of work for minimum wage purposes
- Common underpayment errors to look out for
- How to put things right if you find an underpayment
HMRC have also produced a bite sized presentation series aimed to help employers avoid common NMW errors. Each video is under 10 minutes long and covers a particular type of error.
- Interns, work placements and the NMW
- Apprentices and the NMW
- Payments, deductions and the NMW
- Unpaid working time and NMW
- Accommodation and the National Minimum Wage
- Sleep in shifts and NMW
All the videos can be found on GOV.UK.