HMRC issue June ‘Employer Bulletin’
HMRC have issued the latest Employer Bulletin – ‘Your route to the latest in payroll news'. In general, these bulletins contain lots of useful information to help employers meet their payroll obligations, such as updates on forthcoming changes to the rules and guidance in dealing with particular payroll issues.
You can download and read the Employer Bulletin on screen or print it off. For employers using screen reading software, the Employer Bulletin is compatible with most software packages.
This edition discusses the details of expenses and benefits, including P11D and P11D(b) Filing and Payments deadlines, updates on the Employment Toolkits and the June electronic payment deadline
Other topics in this edition include:
- Supply Chain Fraud
- In-year triggers
- Using loans to escape the Optional Remuneration rules
- Re-enrolment of staff back into workplace pension schemes
- Student/postgraduate loan notices
- Disguised remuneration loan charge
- Professional fees and subscriptions
- CIS – new VAT reverse charge on building and construction services
- Tax-Free Childcare
- National Insurance numbers
- Admin Burden Advisory Board 2019 Annual Report
The bulletin is well worth a read as it is the main way HMRC communicate with employers on a regular basis. It can be found on GOV.UK.