HMRC issue October ‘Employer Bulletin’
HMRC have issued the latest Employer Bulletin – ‘Your route to the latest in payroll news'. In general, these bulletins contain lots of useful information to help employers meet their payroll obligations, such as updates on forthcoming changes to the rules and guidance in dealing with particular payroll issues.
You can download and read the Employer Bulletin on screen or print it off. For employers using screen reading software, the Employer Bulletin is compatible with most software packages.
This edition has important information on paying employees when the regular payday is a non-banking day and and how to get advance statutory payments of Maternity, Parental, Paternal or Adoption Pay from HMRC.
It also contains articles flagging up HMRC’s new bite-sized webinars for National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage and their Expenses and Benefits webinars.
Other topics in this edition include:
- PAYE Settlement Agreements for Scottish Income Tax
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Toolkits to help reduce errors
- Welsh rates of Income Tax
- Apprenticeship rates
- Extending security deposit legislation
- Umbrella companies
- Employer compliance settlements
- Tax codes
- Closure of childcare vouchers and directly contracted childcare to new entrants
- Disguised remuneration loan charge
The bulletin is well worth a read as it is the main way HMRC communicate with employers on a regular basis. It can be found on GOV.UK.