If you have any comments or questions...
We are currently offering help and guidance to website users on tax and National Insurance queries related to taking on a personal assistant through our help service. You can find out what is covered by the help service below. If you have a question or comment about the site, please fill in the form below.
What will the help service do?
- Help people understand their obligations to HMRC when taking on a personal assistant
- Signpost people to relevant parts of the Disability Tax Guide website including web text, factsheets and guide which will answer their questions
- Help website users understand their payroll filing options
- We can advise where to get further payroll advice and how to access HMRC in connection with being a new employer
- Help people understand their rights in respect of HMRC (for example with regards to penalties)
- Signpost people to appropriate advice services that are beyond the scope of our help service
What will the help service not do?
- Provide telephone support
- payrolls, give business advice, make RTI submissions or recommend particular products or services in relation to RTI
- Offer advice on matters relating to care assessments and independent living, employment law or benefits beyond what is included on the website
- Deal with ongoing casework such as complaints and appeals