If you have any comments or questions...

We are currently offering help and guidance to website users on tax and National Insurance queries related to taking on a personal assistant through our help service. You can find out what is covered by the help service below. If you have a question or comment about the site, please fill in the form below.

What will the help service do?

  • Help people understand their obligations to HMRC when taking on a personal assistant
  • Signpost people to relevant parts of the Disability Tax Guide website including web text, factsheets and guide which will answer their questions
  • Help website users understand their payroll filing options
  • We can advise where to get further payroll advice and how to access HMRC in connection with being a new employer
  • Help people understand their rights in respect of HMRC (for example with regards to penalties)
  • Signpost people to appropriate advice services that are beyond the scope of our help service

What will the help service not do?

  • Provide telephone support, payrolls, give business advice, make RTI submissions or recommend particular products or services in relation to RTI
  • Offer advice on matters relating to care assessments and independent living, employment law or benefits beyond what is included on the website
  • Deal with ongoing casework such as complaints and appeals

Email contact form

Have you tried finding the answer to your query on GOV.UK?