Being an employer – a guide
Guidance and support for anyone taking on a personal assistant to help them live independently
Becoming an employer, registering with HMRC and running a payroll
Is your PA employed or self-employed?
How to register as an employer with HM Revenue and Customs
How to finalise your payroll each year and report any benefits and expenses you provide
Additional information and resources for employers and disabled people
Make sure you pay your PA the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage
It is important to understand your workplace pension obligations
If you take on a PA you need to be aware of your employment law responsibilities
Tips for dealing with HMRC and more about other tax issues that may affect you
Watch a short video here explaining what you can find on our website.
Guides & factsheets
Download or print our guide, factsheets and other useful resources
Produce payslips for your PA if you use HMRC's Basic Payroll Tools
Email help service
Contact us if you have any questions about operating PAYE tax/NIC for your employee
- Quarterly PAYE and Class 1A NIC payment reminder
- PAYE paper filers, remember the filing deadline of 19 July
- Being an employer – HMRC offers new webinar dates and videos
- Employers warned not to fall for exemption certificate scam
- Do you know your tax week from your tax month?
- More news